Thursday, December 3, 2009

So Guess what Happened to me today!

I got MAIL!!!

Here I was, freaking out that no one loved me or that all my mail was somehow magically lost, when really all that had kept my mail from me was that no one from the school checked the letter mail (as opposed to the package mail). One of the other teachers walked into my classroom while I was teaching and handed me five envelopes. I may or may not have teared up a little. So thanks to those people who wrote to me...I have already written you back (We shall see when I actually get to the post office to mail them!) but it really meant a lot to me. You are officially my favorites.

I started Marathon training this Monday. I really meant to start a long time ago, but what with moving to South Korea and all, I only managed to set it all up on Sunday. Do you know what one of my favorite parts of living in Korea is? Going running. See, when I run I get thumbs up from all of South Korea's grandfathers who are speedwalking on the Tongbok river trail, I get to explore small towns on the outskirts of the city, and I get to glide through the the rice paddy fields that edge the river. One week down, only 15 more to go!

Well, I'm sort of burned out on writing right now due to all the letters...does anyone see this anyway?

4 comments:

  1. first of all, yes we do see it.
    anyway, im super excited to hear that you are definitely getting mail out there. i have something for you and i was a bit worried about sending it. all the cool stuff you get to see while running sounds amazing. very cool. good luck with the marathon training. miss you!

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Approx. how long does it take mail to get to you? One week, two weeks? just wondering the time delay. :)

    ReplyDelete