Monday, January 25, 2010

I am saddened and dismayed

........to tell you that I have lost my source for chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I walked into the small grocery store near my school's bus stop and went to stock up on my favorite - absolutely delicious, highly addictive, and somewhat good for me - sunflower seeds. Curses upon my terrible luck. A few weeks ago I was in and I saw a whole bunch of things being moved around the store...I bought two containers of my chocolate seeds just in case I wouldn't be able to get to them for a while. I walked in today and thought that I had walked into the wrong darn place. The little market used to be claustrophobic and severely dated; now it almost looked like an American supermarket with clearly labeled aisles, a deli section (with kimchi and highly salted seaweed), and enough room to fit a whole cart down each aisle! Some things were pretty cool - I mean they actually have a lot more produce and specialty items ( I found pine nuts for a ridiculous price....and purchased them anyway ) but what thing did they not have? My GD chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I went down every aisle. EVERY AISLE.

I could punch someone.


4 comments:

  1. Oh noes! :O IT sounds like somebody's gonna get a beat down, care of Anne "Fists of Rage" Wilborn. I actually just pictured you having a poorly dubbed kung fu showdown with the store manager (obviously a karate master).

    Crouching Anne, Hidden Sunflower Seeds

    The little grocery near me carries popcorn (the real kind, not microwave crap) on and off. It's like a little crap shoot everytime I go shopping. Maybe the sunflower seeds will pop back up again (surely they're still in transition). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are saddened and dismayed by your lack of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Andrew E.)read it. So is there not some random insect covered in chocolate that could fulfill this chocolate urge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. update: I still have not found my sunflower seeds, nor have I found a suitable replacement for said seeds. I also do not eat bugs.

    ReplyDelete